Atkins Diet Rules
10 Steps to Atkins Diet Rules
Every weight loss journey has its challenges, especially when you have tried and tested many meal plans, fad diets, or exercise routines and failed. There are various studies that have shown that low-carb diets are effective for weight loss and can lead to various health improvements, which is what the Atkins diet is about. It was originally endorsed by a physician named Dr. Robert C. Atkins and while it is a low-carb diet, today’s Atkins diet rules emphasize more on lean proteins, healthy fats, and high-fiber vegetables as part of the plan.
The Atkins diet is split into four phases and various rules that must be followed to a tee to meet healthy weight loss goals.
This is how the Atkins diet Rules works;
Induction Phase 1 – Consume protein, fat, and only 20 grams of carbs in veggie form daily.
Balancing Phase 2 – Gradually add low-carb vegetables, nuts, and fruit into your diet.
Fine-tuning Phase 3 – Add more carbs to your diet until weight loss slows down
Maintenance Phase 4 – Eat as many healthy carbs as you can without regaining weight for the rest of your life
This diet requires big changes in what you eat. You must cut white flour, sugar, and other common carbs. Eat carbs only in vegetable form at the beginning and eat fewer gluten foods. Because they are high in carbs. Canned and packaged foods are to be avoided because they too have high sugar, sodium, fats, and carbs that are unhealthy for you. Consider the following:
- Never skip meals, you can eat three regular sized meals or four small portions
- A liberal consumption of fats and protein in the form of poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs, red meat, butter, mayonnaise, olive oil, safflower, sunflower and other vegetable oils is recommended.
- 20 grams a day of your carbohydrate intake should come from salad greens. Other vegetables on the Atkins acceptable foods list.
- Avoid nuts or seeds, fruit, bread, pasta, grains, starchy vegetables or dairy products. Other than cheese, cream or butter during the first two weeks. Or any foods that combine protein and carbs such as kidney beans and other legumes. Only high fiber, low-carb products with 3 grams of Net Carbs or less per serving are allowed
- Adhere to the acceptable Atkins food list to a tee
- Eat small controlled-carbohydrate meals or snacks to go with your nutritional supplements.
- Always check the carb count on every meal or use the Atkins Diet carb counter.
- Watch out for hidden carbs that are in gravies, sauces, and dressings when you eat out
- Avoid foods and drinks that contain aspartame and use sucrose or saccharin instead
- Avoid coffee, tea, and soft drinks containing excessive caffeine. Instead, drink 8-10 glasses of water each day or mix a tablespoon or more of psyllium husks if constipated. In addition to that, taking multivitamins with minerals such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium, but without iron is recommended.
If you still have any questions Harmony Wellness Center love to hear it and help you find your answers. simply call us at 310-894-6660 or Email: email@example.com