LOW CARB LOW SUGAR DIET
What Sugar Factories Are Afraid To Tell About How to lose weight Fast? and low carb low sugar diet
A low-carb diet means that you eat fewer carbohydrates and a higher proportion of fat. This can also be called a low-carb or The Mediterranean low carbohydrate diet. It is rich in olive oil, fish, nuts, fruit, and vegetables, but also has other lovely things such as full-fat yogurt and eggs.
The low carb approach which we recommend in The Blood Sugar diet, is low in starch, easily digestible carbs, and packed full of disease-fighting vitamins and flavonoids.
IMPORTANCE OF LOW CARB LOW SUGAR DIET
Some of the benefits of the low carb low sugar diet include:
- Cutting your risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- It has even been found to cut the risk of breast cancer, compared with those on a low-fat diet. Consuming extra virgin olive oil (the freshly squeezed juice of olives) seems to be particularly beneficial when it comes to cancer, perhaps because it has compounds such as polyphenols which are known to be anti-inflammatory.
- Studies prove that a low-carb diet makes it easier to lose weight. Try Harmony Weight Loss Center Coaches by calling 310-894-6660.
WHAT TO AVOID DURING A LOW CARB LOW SUGAR DIET PLAN
Avoid sweet fruits. Berries, apples & pears are fine, but sweet tropical fruits such as mango, pineapple, melon, and bananas are full of sugar.
Avoid snacks when you try low carb low sugar diet and if possible, find healthy snacks if you must: Nuts are a great source of protein and fiber. Try to avoid salted or sweetened nuts. Or a few bits of chopped veg, a small amount of dark chocolate after meals (70% or more).
Avoid the very starchy foods such as bread, pasta, potatoes, and rice. Brown rice is fine, but some whole meal bread has added sugar. Switch instead to bulgur (cracked wheat), quinoa, whole rye, wild rice, whole-grain barley, and buckwheat.
Avoid most breakfast cereals: They are usually full of sugar, even the ones that contain bran. Oats are good as long as they are not the instant type.
WHAT YOU CAN EAT on LOW CARB LOW SUGAR DIET
Start the day with eggs: Boiled, poached, scrambled or as an omelet – they’ll keep you fuller for longer than cereal or toast. Delicious with smoked salmon and a sprinkle of chili.
Full-fat yogurt is also good: Add berries, like blackberries, strawberries or blueberries, for flavor or a sprinkling of nuts.
Legumes, such as lentils and kidney beans: Healthy and filling, important factors of low carb low sugar diet.
Use butter instead of margarine: Cheese in moderation is fine.
Eat more healthy fats and oils: Along with oily fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel), consume more olive oil. A splash makes vegetables taste better and improves the absorption of vitamins. Use olive, rapeseed or coconut oil for cooking.
Have high-quality proteins: Oily fish, prawns, chicken, turkey, pork, beef and, of course, eggs. Other protein-rich foods: soy, edamame beans, Quinn, humus. Processed meats (bacon, salami, sausages) should be eaten only a few times a week.
Eat plenty of different colored vegetables: From dark leafy greens to bright-red and yellow peppers.
If you have more questions ask Harmony Weight Loss Center Coaches by calling 310-894-6660.
HOW TO HELP THE LOW CARB LOW SUGAR DIET STYLE WORK ON YOUR BLOOD SUGAR
- You may need to increase your water intake when you cut carbohydrates.
- Beware of hidden calories in drinks. Alcohol is surprisingly high calorie and avoids if possible. Other liquid calories include fruit juice, smoothies & cordials
- Avoid ‘Diet’ products. They often contain sugar and/or sweeteners (which may not switch off hunger signals).
- Exercise reduces appetite. It is good for general cardiovascular fitness and strength but is a hard way to lose weight. If you find it hard to exercise, simply moving more has significant health benefits and can increase your metabolic rate. Get up and move around every half hour, walk, don’t take the bus, stairs instead of lift…Get a pedometer and try to increase your steps by 10% each week.
- Soups are surprisingly situating, cheap & practical. You can take them to work for lunch, keep portions in the freezer and they are more slowly digested. Use lots non-starchy veg or clear soups, like Miso soup.
- Use grated cauliflower instead of rice or mash it instead of potato. Much lower calorie & fewer carbs or best low carb low sugar diet, cook/steam the ‘rice’ for a few minutes only.